Sunday, April 24, 2011

HYPERBOLIC CROCHET CORAL REEF PROJECT

When I heard about this project it made me think of my friend and neighbor Mercy, who told me once she is a student of the "old lady arts".

The coral reef project was intended to bring awareness and as a response "to the devastation of living reefs from global warming and ocean acidification, the Crochet Reef resides at the intersection of art, science, mathematics and environmentalism."

The Autry Museaum presents a lecture by the creator of this project, Margaret Wertheim, April 30th.

Hey Mercy, this Christmas, can I get a coral reef?


1 comment:

  1. Awww Anthony - you say the nicest things. I had heard of the IFF and have their publication about hyperbolic planes. I had not yet seen the coral reef in person so I'm putting this on my calendar. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete